(Updated: Jan 31, 2019)
This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. The Services are also governed by the Terms of Service.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our games, mobile applications and other products (“Games”) and websites we control, like at www.GoldenNinjaStudios.com (“Website”) (collectively “Services”).
Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to information and data collected or received by Golden Ninja Studios through your use of the Services. Golden Ninja Studios is not responsible for the actions of individuals with no relationship to Golden Ninja Studios or third party companies, the content of their sites, the use of information or data you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those individuals or companies.
By using the Service, you are expressing your agreement to this Policy and the processing of your information and data, including your personal information, in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the Service.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Through the services we may collect personal information about you in one or more of the following categories:
- Information that you voluntarily provide
Parts of our Services may ask you to provide your personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask for certain information in order for you to register an account with us, to begin playing Games, when subscribing to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us, such as:
- your name, email address or other contact details
- any information you submit to our customer service team in the Game or via email
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be explained to you when we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you use our Services, we may also collect certain information automatically from you and/or your device which may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws, such as:
- Your Service communications (e.g. in-game chats and messages with other players)
- Data and analytics about your use of our Services (e.g. in-game play progress, levels, games played, session length, preferred settings, which in-game adverts you may have viewed, in-game preferences or just game preferences, which friends you connect with, the means by which you were referred to our Services)
- Your IP address and device identifiers such as your Advertising ID, Device ID numbers (for more see here “Advertising IDs and Device IDs”)
- Your device type and the operating system that you use
- General geographic location (e.g. country or city location) based on your IP address
- GPS location, with your consent
“Advertising ID” means the Apple Identifier for Advertisers (“IDFA”) on Apple, and Google Advertising Identity (“GAID”). These are unique identifiers for mobile devices that advertisers use for interest-based advertising. They are consistent across all apps and thus allow cross-app tracking. On Apple, you can opt out by choosing the “limit ad tracking” option in the privacy settings. On Google Android, you can opt out by choosing the “Opt out of interest based ads.” Advertising IDs are non-permanent, non-personal identifiers uniquely associated with your device. Similar technologies include tracking pixels within ads. These technologies allow companies (including marketers and advertisers) to recognize your device when you use websites and applications.
“Device identifier / information” means device type, device model, device manufacturer, device operating system and language, or other technical data like screen size, processor, or a combination of this data, available from a device for a developer to check the device’s compatibility with a particular application.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and/or similar technologies (such as ” software development kits, or “SDKs”), Please see “Cookies ” section below for more information.
- Information we obtain from third party sources
(a) Information from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to our Services via your social media account. The exact information we receive from you will depend on your social media privacy settings, but it will typically include your basic public profile information, such as:
- your username
- profile picture
- age range
- your friends playing the same Game
Typical uses include updating game progress on multiple devices you may own so that you can continue your progress using multiple devices. In addition, we may show your Facebook friends in the Game and show your public Facebook profile name and picture in Game leaderboards and in your Game profile.
(b) Third party service providers. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. We may get your personal information, for example, when you installed our Game or when, prior to installation, you click on an advertisement for the Game (see “Third Parties” section below for further detail).
(c) Advertising partners. From time to time, we may also receive personal information about you from other third-party sources. For example, if you clicked on an advertisement directing you to one of our Services (such as an ad for one of our Games in another publishers’ game), we will be provided with information about which ad network and advertising campaign the install originated from (See also “Advertising” below).
How We Use Your Information
Golden Ninja Studios’s primary goals in using your information are to create your account, provide Services to you, troubleshoot, improve and optimize our Services, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use. We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- Create game accounts and allow users to play our games;
- Identify and suggest connections with other Golden Ninja Studios users;
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Deliver advertising and marketing and promotional information to you;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, contests, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Golden Ninja Studios and our selected partners;
- Conduct and administer contests promoted by Golden Ninja Studios;
- Enable you to communicate with other users; and
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Use of Your Information by Others
We use advertising to fund our Services and to make our games available for free. We show third-party advertising in our Games and also advertise our Services via third parties. We want to provide you with more detail about how we use information for advertising, both in our properties and in third-party properties.
To enable us to show in-game ads, we may send your advertising ID and IP address to advertisers (or ad networks) to enable them to find appropriate ads to serve to you in our Games and on third-party properties. You can control and limit our use of your advertising ID in your device settings. Golden Ninja Studios does not control which specific ads are shown in our games (this is controlled by the ad networks), but we do prohibit certain types of ads.
Other brands buy ad placements via an ad network or ad exchange to advertise their products in Golden Ninja Studios Games. The ad network or ad exchange acts as intermediary between the other game companies and Golden Ninja Studios. In order for an ad network to charge the company purchasing the ad, clicks from the ad and potential installs of other developers’ apps are tracked. Views, clicks and installs from ads are measured using the Advertising ID.
When you view Golden Ninja Studios ads on third-party services
- Golden Ninja Studios also advertises its games on other apps by asking ad networks to place ads for audiences that will be interested in them (determined using Advertising IDs).
- Ad networks use Advertising IDs for this and other purposes including, for example, to:
- Measure ad effectiveness (looking at total views, clicks and installs generated by its advertising in other publishers’ games);
- Inform players that have not played for a while about new content in the Game. Golden Ninja Studios gives a list of these users in the form of Advertising IDs to an ad network. The ad network then shows these users ads about the new content.
- Not display ads for a game a player is already playing. Golden Ninja Studios may send a list of active players in the form of Advertising IDs to an ad network. The ad network then excludes these players from seeing the ad.
- Market games to a group of potential players. Golden Ninja Studios provides Facebook a list of Advertising IDs to match them with similar type of Facebook users to whom Golden Ninja Studios could then market its games. Golden Ninja Studios does not have information on how Facebook identifies or creates profiles of similar type of users.
You can opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by changing the privacy settings of your device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt out of interest-based ads” (Android).
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.eu (for individuals in the EU) to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
You may also limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please not that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGY IN WEBSITES
The Services may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags, local shared objects, hardware-based device identifiers, flash cookies, operating system-based identifiers, clear GIFs and web beacons.
Cookies: A “cookie” is a small file your browsers stores when told to do so by a website. Typically, websites place a number of different cookies on an end-user’s device. Some are “First-party” cookies,’ i.e. from the website itself, and others are “Third-party” cookies, meaning they belong to advertising and analytics entities or social networks. Cookies are personal information. However, Rovio’s cookies do not include any other personal information and are typically used to quickly identify your device and to “remember” your device during subsequent visits for purposes of functionality, preferences, and website performance. You can disable cookies on your device or set your device to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the Services.
How We May Disclose Your Information to Third Parties
Golden Ninja Studios does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described herein.
We may share information we collect or derive with third parties for the following purposes:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, including the ones referenced above under “Third Party Services”;
- With our affiliates;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes;
- To protect our or a third party’s legal rights, investigate fraud, or to defend against a legal claim;
- As part of a business transfer such as a merger, acquisition, or at bankruptcy;
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties; and
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, update, delete inaccuracies, or delete your personal information by making the change within your account settings or by contacting us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We will respond to your access request within a reasonable timeframe.
Opting Out of Marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails by emailing us with the contact information provided in this policy. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Golden Ninja Studios takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from or direct or target interest based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use our Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that these countries and jurisdictions may not have the same data protection laws as your own jurisdiction, and we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to enable transfer of information to the U.S. and the use and disclosure of information about you, including personal information, as described in this Policy.
Changes to This Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our data and information privacy practices. We also encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Contact Golden Ninja Studios
Golden Ninja Studios’s Data Protection Officer
You may contact Golden Ninja Studios’s Data Protection Officer at privacy@GoldenNinjaStudios.com or the address below for further information.
Golden Ninja Studios
B1-376 Priestman St
Fredericton, NB, CA